30. (J-28) H. Atcha, C.T. Davis, N.R. Sullivan, T.D. Smith, S. Anis, W.Z. Dahbour, Z.R. Robinson, A. Grosberg, W.F. Liu, A low-cost mechanical stretching device for uniaxial strain of cells: a platform for pedagogy in mechanobiology. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 2018; 140(8):081005-081005-9. BIO-18-1022, doi: 10.1115/1.4039949
29. (J-27) J.Q. Core, M. Mehrabi, Z.R. Robinson, A.R. Ochs, L.A. McCarthy, M.V. Zaragoza, A. Grosberg, Age of heart disease presentation and dysmorphic nuclei in patients with LMNA mutations. PLOS One. 12(11): e0188256, 2017
28. (J-26) M. V. Zaragoza, C. H. H. Nguyen, H. P. Widyastuti, L. A. McCarthy, A. Grosberg, Dupuytren’s and Ledderhose diseases in a Family with LMNA-related Cardiomyopathy. Cells. 6(4): 40, 2017
27. (J-25) S.P. Sheehy, A. Grosberg, P. Qin , D.J. Behm, J.P. Ferrier, M.A. Eagleson, A.P. Nesmith, D. Krull, J.G. Falls, P.H. Campbell, M.L. McCain, R.N. Willette, E. Hu, K.K. Parker, Toward improved myocardial maturity in an organ-on-chip platform with immature cardiac myocytes. Exp Biol Med. 2017 Jan 1:1535370217701006. doi: 10.1177/1535370217701006
26. (J-24) W. Tuet, S. Fok, V. Verma, M. Tagle Rodriguez, A. Grosberg, J. Champion, N.L. Ng, Dose-dependent intracellular reactive oxygen and nitrogen species production from particulate matter exposure: comparison to oxidative potential and chemical composition. Atmospheric Environment. 144: 335âAS344, 2016
25. (J-23) N.K. Drew, N.E. Johnsen, J.Q. Core, A. Grosberg. Multiscale Characterization of Engineered Cardiac Tissue Architecture. ASME. J Biomech Eng. 138(11):111003-111003-8, 2016.
24. (J-22) V.A. Webster, S.G. Nieto, A. Grosberg, O. Akkus, H.J. Chiel, R.D. Quinn. Simulating muscular thin films using thermal contraction capabilities in finite element analysis tools. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 63:326-36; 2016.
23. (J-21) M.V. Zaragoza, L. Fung, E. Jensen, F. Oh, K. Cung, L.A. McCarthy, C.K. Tran, V. Hoang, S.A. Hakim, A. Grosberg. Exome Sequencing Identifies a Novel LMNA Splice-Site Mutation and Multigenic Heterozygosity of Potential Modifiers in a Family with Sick Sinus Syndrome, Dilated Cardiomyopathy, and Sudden Cardiac Death. PLoS One. 11(5):e0155421, 2016
22. (J-20) M.B. Knight, N.K. Drew, L.A. McCarthy, and A. Grosberg, Emergent Global Contractile Force in Cardiac Tissues. Biophysical Journal, 110(7), 1615-1624, 2016
21. (J-19) N.K. Drew, M.A. Eagleson, D. Baldo Jr., K.K. Parker, and A. Grosberg, Metrics for Assessing Cytoskeletal Orientational Correlations and Consistency. PLoS Computational Biology. 11(8):e1004190, 2015
20. (BC-2) M.B. Knight, A. Grosberg, M.L. McCain, In Vitro Tools for Quantifying Structure-Function Relationships in Cardiac Myocyte Cells and Tissues. Cardiac Cytoarchitecture. (book chapter), 2015
19. (BC-1) N.K. Drew, A. Grosberg, Methods of Myofibrillogenesis Modeling. Cardiomyocytes: Methods and Protocols. 75-91, 2015
18. (J-18) S.P. Sheehy, F. Pasqualini, A. Grosberg, S. J. Park, Y. Aratyn-Schaus, and K.K. Parker, Quality metrics for stem cell-derived cardiac myocytes. Stem cell reports, 2(3): 282-94, 2014
17. (J-17) A. Chen, E. Lee, R. Tu, K. Santiago, A. Grosberg, C. Fowlkes, M. Khine, Integrated Platform for Functional Monitoring of Biomimetic Heart Sheets Derived From Human Pluripotent Stem Cells. Biomaterials. 35(2): 675-683, 2014
16. (J-16) M.L. McCain, S.P. Sheehy, A. Grosberg, J.A. Goss, and K.K. Parker, Recapitulating maladaptive, multiscale remodeling of failing myocardium on a chip. PNAS, 110: 9770-9775, 2013
15. (J-15) J.C. Nawroth, H. Lee, A.W. Feinberg, C.M. Ripplinger, M.L. McCain, A. Grosberg, J.O. Dabiri, and K.K. Parker, A Tissue-Engineered Jellyfish with Biomimetic Propulsion. Nature Biotech, 30(8):792-797, 2012
14. (J-14) S.P. Sheehy, A. Grosberg, and K.K. Parker, The contribution of cellular mechanotransduction to cardiomyocyte form and function. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 11(8):1227-1239, 2012
13. (J-13) A.W. Feinberg, P.W. Alford, H. Jin, C.M. Ripplinger, A.A. Werdich, S.P. Sheehy, A. Grosberg, K.K. Parker. Controlling the contractile strength of engineered cardiac muscle by hierarchal tissue architecture. Biomaterials, 2012
12. (J-12) A. Grosberg, A.P. Nesmith, J.A. Goss, M.D. Brigham, M.L. McCain, K.K. Parker. Muscle on a Chip: In Vitro Contractility Assays for Smooth and Striated Muscle. Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods, 2012
11. (J-11) J. Shim, A. Grosberg, J.C. Nawroth, K.K. Parker, and K. Bertoldi. Modeling of Cardiac Muscular Thin Films: Pre-stretch, Passive and Active Behavior. Journal of Biomechanics,
10. (J-10) K. Balachandran, P.W. Alford, J. Wylie-Sears, J.A. Goss, A. Grosberg, J. Bischoff, E. Aikawa, R.A. Levine, K.K. Parker. Cyclic strain induces dual-mode endothelial-mesenchymal transformation of the cardiac valve. PNAS, 2011
9. (J-9) A. Grosberg, P.W. Alford, M.L. McCain, K.K. Parker. Ensembles of Engineered Cardiac Tissues for Physiological and Pharmacological Study: Heart on a Chip. Lab on a Chip,
11(24): 4165 – 4173, 2011
8. (J-8) P.W. Alford, A.P. Nesmith, J.N. Seywerd, A. Grosberg, K.K. Parker. Vascular smooth muscle contractility depends on cell shape. Integrative Biology, 3(11): 1063-1070, 2011
7. (J-7) A. Grosberg*, P.L. Kuo*, C.L. Guo, N.A. Geisse, M.A. Bray, W.J. Adams, S.P. Sheehy, K.K. Parker. Self-Organization of Muscle Cell Structure and Function. PLoS Computational Biology, 7(2): e1001088, 2011
6. (J-6) A. Grosberg, M. Gharib, A. Kheradvar. Effect of Fiber Geometry on Pulsatile Pumping and Energy Expenditure. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 71(7): p. 1580-1598, 2009.
5. (J-5) A. Grosberg and M. Gharib. A dynamic double helical band as a model for cardiac pumping. Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 4(2): p.026003 1-9, 2009.
4. (J-4) A. Grosberg and M. Gharib. Computational models of heart pumping efficiencies based on contraction waves in spiral elastic bands. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 257(3): 359-370, 2009.
3. (J-3) A. Grosberg and M. Gharib. Modeling the macro-structure of the heart: healthy and diseased. Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, 47(3):301-311, 2009.
2. (J-2) A. Grosberg and M. Gharib. Physiology in Phylogeny: Modeling of mechanical driving forces in cardiac development. Heart Failure Clinics, 4(3):247-259, July 2008.
1. (J-1) B.I. Rosner, R.A. Siegel, A. Grosberg and R.T. Tranquillo. Rational Design of Contact Guiding, Neurotrophic Matrices for Peripheral Nerve Regeneration. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 31(11):1383-1401, 2003.